Pages

Monday, October 27, 2008

Ok, I am now OFFCIALLY super-cool. For tonight I finally made the pilgrimage across to East London and to Shoreditch House. Those who are regular readers of this blog will know my position on Shoreditch-ites and I went to SH hoping to loathe it. But I am forced to admit that it is gorgeous - every aspect done with incredibly good taste and attention to detail. And don't even get me started on the roof-top pool. Not to mention that my companion and I enjoyed a perfectly hearty supper for no more than £15 each.

The only downer came as we waited to take the lift back downstairs, only to find a group of my old school pals with a similar agenda. Groucho Marx famously said that he could never join a club that would have him as a member. I rather fear that I might be just be a Shoreditch-ite myself after all! Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment